The best quality aftermarket replacement front assembly for the iPhone 4, using an original Apple LCD panel and the same Gorilla Glass coating as the original assembly.
Why buy our LCD screens?
- Our LCD assemblies use original Apple LCD panel so you have no loss of picture quality, no discolourations and still get the high resolution high pixel Retina display
- Complete LCD assembly, includes LCD screen, Touch screen (Digitizer) and frame - we also include bonding adhesive
- Complete 12 Month warranty that covers all manufacturer defects
- Fast dispatch - we will dispatch your screen same day if ordered before 1PM
- We stand by our quality and can gurantee our LCD's are the best quality after-market screen you can purchase
Part: Apple iPhone 4 front assembly (LCD, Digitizer and frame) - Black
Manufacturer: LCD original Apple. Digitizer and frame are high quality aftermarket parts made to the same quality and specification as the original
Digitizer - 821-0999-A
LCD - 821-0695-A
Condition: Factory new
Warranty: 12 months
Compatibility: Apple iPhone 4
Apple iPhone 4 front panel assembly
Front assembly to phone bezel adhesive
What is an LCD?
The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) displays the image on your phone using the same technology as most flat screen TV's. LCD units are generally very fragile and susceptible to damage.
Common faults / issues with LCDs include:
- Screen looking washed out, very dull colours and less clarity then usual
- Dead pixels - When a pixel on the LCD no longer works, usually visible on a white background it will be a tiny black square
- Stuck Pixel - When a pixel is stuck on a colour, usually visible on any background and will generally be stuck on white, green, blue or red.
- No backlight - When the back light on the LCD fails the picture can be very hard to see.
- Lines on the LCD - these can be a verity of coloured lines displaying horizontally or vertically
- Damaged LCD, generally damaged LCDs can be bruised, cracked or "bleeding" when a black liquid is visible over the picture
- In modern touch screen devices digitizers are fitted over the LCD and respond to touch, these are separate to the LCD, replacing the LCD wont cure issues with the touch panel.
What is a Digitizer?
The Digitizer is the touch panel that sits over the LCD screen. The digitizers job is to detect and map your fingers movements across the screen and let the phone know where your finger is.
The digitizer panel is a clear panel, usually bonded underneath or inside the front glass or plastic the sits on top of the LCD, they rarely malfunction but are very susceptible to impact damage, scratches and cracks
Common faults / issues with digitizers include:
- Touch panel no longer responding - if you can se the picture ok but the device is not responding to touch
- Touching the panel causes unexpected or erratic movements - this will require a replacement digitizer or re-calibration is available on the device
- Impact damage - glass digitizers are very easily damaged, generally the will crack or shatter - depending on the extent of the damage it may still work but in not advisable due to safety.
- Scratches - plastic digitizers are very susceptible to scratches, several light scratches build up making the phone look tatty and harder to view
As the digitizer panel sits directly above the LCD panel some impact damage can also cause damage to the LCD.
The general rule is that if the screen is cracked but the picture device is displaying a picture as normal you will just need to replace the digitizer.
If you are unsure what parts you need please get in contact