The Nokia Lumia 800 screen replacement is perfect to replace a scratched or cracked screen. It's a complete replacement screen assembly for your Nokia Lumia 800 smartphone. The specifications for this Nokia Lumia 800 screen replacement are as follows:
- Part: Nokia Lumia 800 LCD and Digitiser Touch Screen Replacement
- Condition: Factory New
- Manufacturer: Nokia
- Manufacturer P/N: 4851259
- Warranty: 12 Months
- Package: Front glass assembly, with touch screen digitiser and LCD
What is an LCD?
The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) displays the image on your phone using the same technology as most flat screen TV's. LCD units are generally very fragile and susceptible to damage, which is why we are pleased to sell Nokia Lumia 800 screen replacements to help you recover your handset.
Common faults / issues with LCDs include:
- Screen looking washed out, very dull colours and less clarity then usual
- Dead pixels - When a pixel on the LCD no longer works, usually visible on a white background it will be a tiny black square
- Stuck Pixel - When a pixel is stuck on a colour, usually visible on any background and will generally be stuck on white, green, blue or red.
- No backlight - When the back light on the LCD fails the picture can be very hard to see.
- Lines on the LCD - these can be a verity of coloured lines displaying horizontally or vertically
- Damaged LCD, generally damaged LCDs can be bruised, cracked or "bleeding" when a black liquid is visible over the picture
- In modern touch screen devices digitizers are fitted over the LCD and respond to touch, these are separate to the LCD, replacing the LCD wont cure issues with the touch panel.
- Touch panel no longer responding - if you can se the picture ok but the device is not responding to touch
- Touching the panel causes unexpected or erratic movements - this will require a replacement digitizer or re-calibration is available on the device
- Impact damage - glass digitizers are very easily damaged, generally the will crack or shatter - depending on the extent of the damage it may still work but in not advisable due to safety.
- Scratches - plastic digitizers are very susceptible to scratches, several light scratches build up making the phone look tatty and harder to view
What is a Digitizer?
The Digitizer is the touch panel that sits over the LCD screen. The digitizers job is to detect and map your fingers movements across the screen and let the phone know where your finger is.
The digitizer panel on your Nokia Lumia 800 screen replacement is a clear panel, usually bonded underneath or inside the front glass or plastic the sits on top of the LCD, they rarely malfunction but are very susceptible to impact damage, scratches and cracks.
Common faults / issues with digitizers include:
As the digitizer panel sits directly above the LCD panel some impact damage can also cause damage to the LCD.
The general rule is that if the screen is cracked but the picture device is displaying a picture as normal you will just need to replace the digitizer.
If you are unsure what parts you need for your Nokia Lumia 800 screen replacement, please get in contact.
What tools will you need?
For the Nokia Lumia 800 screen replacement we recommend that you will need the Torx driver set or Universal screwdriver set.
Need advice on the Nokia Lumia 800 screen replacement, or any of our other products? If so, please get in touch via email, Facebook or Twitter.