Part: HTC Desire S replacement LCD screen
Manufacturer P/N: 60H00511
Condition: Removed from a NEW phone - unused - absolutely no marks or scratches on LCD panel
Compatibility: HTC Desire S
PLEASE NOTE: This HTC Desire S uses 2 version of LCD, the Wide flex and Narrow flex version - please check your are purchasing the correct version by comparing your LCD screen with our image or by checking the HTC part number on the back of your LCD
What is an LCD?
The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) displays the image on your phone using the same technology as most flat screen TV’s. LCD units are generally very fragile and susceptible to damage.
Common faults / issues with LCDs include:
- Screen looking washed out, very dull colours and less clarity then usual
- Dead pixels - When a pixel on the LCD no longer works, usually visible on a white background it will be a tiny black square
- Stuck Pixel - When a pixel is stuck on a colour, usually visible on any background and will generally be stuck on white, green, blue or red.
- No backlight - When the back light on the LCD fails the picture can be very hard to see.
- Lines on the LCD - these can be a verity of coloured lines displaying horizontally or vertically
- Damaged LCD, generally damaged LCDs can be bruised, cracked or "bleeding" when a black liquid is visible over the picture
- In modern touch screen devices digitizers are fitted over the LCD and respond to touch, these are separate to the LCD, replacing the LCD wont cure issues with the touch panel.
If you are unsure what parts you need please get in contact