Frequently purchased together
Part: Apple iPod Touch Digitizer 4G replacement LCD and glass digitizer assembly
This product comes with our Replacebase Unlimited Lifetime Warranty (Terms apply)
Compatibility: Apple iPod Touch 4th generation
Apple iPod Touch 4G digitizer LCD front assemblyWhat is an LCD? The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) displays the image on your phone using the same technology as most flat screenTVs. LCD units are generally very fragile and susceptible to damage.
Common faults / issues with LCDs include:
- Screen looking washed out, very dull colours and less clarity then usual
- Dead pixels - When a pixel on the LCD no longer works, usually visible on a white background it will be a tiny black square
- Stuck Pixel - When a pixel is stuck on a colour, usually visible on any background and will generally be stuck on white, green, blue or red.
- No backlight - When the back light on the LCD fails the picture can be very hard to see.
- Lines on the LCD - these can be a verity of coloured lines displaying horizontally or vertically
- Damaged LCD, generally damaged LCDs can be bruised, cracked or "bleeding" when a black liquid is visible over the picture
- In modern touch screen devices digitizers are fitted over the LCD and respond to touch, these are separate to the LCD, replacing the LCD wont cure issues with the touch panel.
- Touch panel no longer responding - if you can se the picture ok but the device is not responding to touch
- Touching the panel causes unexpected or erratic movements - this will require a replacement digitizer or re-calibration is available on the device
- Impact damage - glass digitizers are very easily damaged, generally the will crack or shatter - depending on the extent of the damage it may still work but in not advisable due to safety.
- Scratches - plastic digitizers are very susceptible to scratches, several light scratches build up making the phone look tatty and harder to view
Customer Questions & Reviews
Frequently purchased together
This part is Best Available Quality (BAQ)
In the ever changing landscape of the industry its hard to identify and highlight each individual part origin so we developed BAQ – Best Available Quality.
We have a dedicated team of sources based in the UK and Asia who invest a great deal of time and effort to locate the best quality parts as close to genuine as possible. Where multiple qualities of any product are available, we will always select the best, aiming for the tried and tested part that has the same specification as the original component. Any part we sell as BAQ will be the best new part we can source, only being matched by “Authorised”, Service Pack and Original items.
Any BAQ battery supplied will be backed up with CE test certificates, any part that would have ordinarily had a logo (like Samsung battery covers or Sony screens) will be supplied without the logos to ensure that trademarks are respected and complied with.
Rest assured, any BAQ parts ordered from ReplaceBase will be backed up with the best aftersales service and, in most cases, our industry leading Unlimited Lifetime Warranty.