Original Nintendo 3DS XL replacement bottom LCD screen, no soldering required - includes back-light.
Please be aware that this is the LCD panel that displays the image, not the touch screen that detects touch, if you require the touch screen (digitizer) this is available from our store
Part: Nintendo 3DS XL bottom LCD
Condition: Factory new
Warranty: 12 months
Compatibility: Nintendo 3DS XL (No compatible with standard 3DS)
Package: Nintendo 3DS XL lower LCD screen with back-light
What is an LCD?
The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) displays the image on your phone using the same technology as most flat screen TV’s. LCD units are generally very fragile and susceptible to damage.
Common faults / issues with LCDs include:
- Screen looking washed out, very dull colours and less clarity then usual
- Dead pixels - When a pixel on the LCD no longer works, usually visible on a white background it will be a tiny black square
- Stuck Pixel - When a pixel is stuck on a colour, usually visible on any background and will generally be stuck on white, green, blue or red.
- No backlight - When the back light on the LCD fails the picture can be very hard to see.
- Lines on the LCD - these can be a verity of coloured lines displaying horizontally or vertically
- Damaged LCD, generally damaged LCDs can be bruised, cracked or "bleeding" when a black liquid is visible over the picture
- In modern touch screen devices digitizers are fitted over the LCD and respond to touch, these are separate to the LCD, replacing the LCD wont cure issues with the touch panel.
What tools will you need?
If you are unsure what parts you need please get in contact
For this item we recommend:
Parts Origin - OEM
The term OEM stands for 'Original Equipment Manufacturer', the exact meaning differs in several industries.
To us, OEM means that the part is the same part used within your device, using the same materials and specifications.
We use the term OEM to cover many parts from refurbished, used and new components, the exact condition will be stated in the items description.
In some cases when the part supplied is made up to several components (for example an LCD assembly) the part may have been assembled by a 3rd party vendor using OEM parts meaning that consumable may differ (such as adhesive used)
Although strict testing procedures are put in place to ensure the quality of the part these testing practices and procedures may differ from the checks manufacturers use.
Any hardware supplied as OEM will not have any quality loss or loss of features and covered under our extensive returns policy.
As in many cases we dont obtain directly from the devices manufacturer, nor in some cases are we affiliated with device manufacturer in any way and they are not involved in the testing or sales process of the component we sell.