OEM Nintendo 3DS XL replacement top LCD screen, no soldering required - includes back-light.
Part: Nintendo 3DS XL top LCD
Condition: Factory new
Warranty: 12 months
Compatibility: Nintendo 3DS XL (No compatible with standard 3DS)
Package: Nintendo 3DS XL top LCD screen with back-light
What is an LCD?
The LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) displays the image on your phone using the same technology as most flat screen TV’s. LCD units are generally very fragile and susceptible to damage.
Common faults / issues with LCDs include:
- Screen looking washed out, very dull colours and less clarity then usual
- Dead pixels - When a pixel on the LCD no longer works, usually visible on a white background it will be a tiny black square
- Stuck Pixel - When a pixel is stuck on a colour, usually visible on any background and will generally be stuck on white, green, blue or red.
- No backlight - When the back light on the LCD fails the picture can be very hard to see.
- Lines on the LCD - these can be a verity of coloured lines displaying horizontally or vertically
- Damaged LCD, generally damaged LCDs can be bruised, cracked or "bleeding" when a black liquid is visible over the picture
- In modern touch screen devices digitizers are fitted over the LCD and respond to touch, these are separate to the LCD, replacing the LCD wont cure issues with the touch panel.
If you are unsure what parts you need please get in contact
What tools will you need?
For this item we recommend:
Parts Origin - OEM
The term OEM stands for 'Original Equipment Manufacturer', the exact meaning differs in several industries.
To us OEM means that the part is the exact same part used within your device, we source these from the same vendors the manufacturer use. By definition the part is an original part manufactured by the same vendor / manufacturer in the same way using the same procedures, equipment and processes as the part provided to the manufacture from the Vendor, the only difference is that we dont obtain directly from the devices manufacturer, nor in some cases are we affiliated with device manufacturer in any way.