A new favourite here at The Replace Base, it looks like a Dreamcast memory card (if you remember those!) but lets you test most Apple batteries on the go, including the Apple watch battery!
Software testing on batteries is great, but hardware is even better - our machine will read the chip information on the battery as well as providing the life expectancy and capacity of the battery.
Quickly and easily pre-test batteries before fitting them or, as we do, test customers' batteries as a free service - let the customer know exactly how much juice they are wasting and what they can expect from a new battery.
Our battery tester has some great features:
- Pocket size, full metal design
- Bright, vivid display.
- Simple to use - don't be put off by all of the buttons - just plug a battery in and turn it on
- Built in rechargable battery, that will last for months of standard daily tests charges from USB (power cable supplied)
- Comes with a hard case
So, what will our tester tell you about the battery?
- Cycle count (how many times the battery has been charged / discharged)
- Design capacity (what mAh the battery SHOULD have)
- Full capacity (what mAh the battery actually has!)
- Remaining capacity (how much juice is currently in the battery)
- Battery life (a & of usage, for example a battery at 90% life is not able to hold 10% of its designed capacity)
- Charge Current
- Discharge current
- Battery Temperature (handy to check the sensor works, often batteries that cause unexpected shut downs are caused by faulty temperature sensors)
- Chip type (if it's original or not)
- Manufacturer (what factory made the battery, assuming they logged it on the chip)
- Serial number (if it has one, most aftermarkets don't have these programmed)
What batteries can be tested?
These testers have a great range of batteries that can be tested, not only original Apple batteries but also many of the aftermarkets, copies in all ranges of qualities - some qualities of battery you may find certain features such as the cycle count doesn't work however.
We supply 2 testing boards with the tester
Board 1: iPhone 4 / 4s / 5 / 5s / 6 / 6 Plus / SE / 6s / 6s Plus / 7 / 7 Plus 8 / 8 Plus / X
Board 2: Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 / iPad Pro 9.7 / iPad Mini 1 to 4 / iPad 2 / iPad 4 / iPad Pro 12.9 / iPad Air / iPad 2017
- Battery tester
- Micro USB cable to charge the internal battery
- 2 x Testing boards (see compatibility above)
- Hard travel protective carry case
- We offer a 12 month warranty with this
- We can provide spare boards on request
- We will be providing boards for future models as they come out
- Our team of experts use these day in and day out so if you have any questions or need us you can just get in touch