- Who are we?
- How do we collect your information?
- What type of information is collected from you?
- How is your information used?
- Data security
- Who has access to your information?
- How can I edit or delete my data?
- How long do we keep your data?
- Links to other websites
This policy covers how The Replace Base Ltd treats personal information that The Replace Base Ltd collects and receives, including information related to your past use of The Replace Base Ltd products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available. This also covers the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which takes effect in the UK from 25 May 2018.
Who are we?
The Replace Base Ltd is a replacement parts specialist based in Northampton at Swell Aerodrome. The registered address is Unit 5 Bellman Gate, Holcot Lane, Sywell Aerodrome, Northampton, England, NN6 0BL. Our trading address is 5, Bellman Gate, Holcot Ln, Sywell, Northampton NN6 0BL. Our company number is: 07651978. You can contact us on 01604 924700.
How do we collect your information?
The Replace Base Ltd collects personal information when you register with The Replace Base Ltd, for example when you register for our newsletter, complete a purchase or create an account. We also collect data when you use The Replace Base Ltd’s products or services, visit our website or when you visit The Replace Base Ltd premises.
What type of information is collected from you?
The personal information we collect from you might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when. Other information may also include:
- order information required to complete a transaction
- search terms you have used to find our website
- a record of browsing behaviour including links clicked. This is done via cookies placed on your device when you visit our website and the contents of any form you submit to us. You can manage your cookie preferences by visiting our full cookies policy. It is also possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Note: Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
- we retain all personal information disclosed by you to us
- we will not seek to append personal data without your permission.
- information on engagement with the emails and SMS messages you receive from us.
- your browser user agent, as freely transmitted by your computer. This includes your browser build information, your device type and your computer’s operating system.
We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so. We only disclose information to third-parties for goods delivery purposes.
We only send email communications related to your order, unless you have signed up for our newsletter and consented to receive further communications, such as product updates, special offers or other marketing information about our products and services.
Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to all transactions for the sale of goods on the Website. Please read them carefully. They do not affect your statutory rights. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will take effect on the date they are posted on the Website.
Information we will not collect
- we will not collect information related to browsing habits outside of our own domains (namely replacebase.co.uk)
How is your information used?
The Replace Base Ltd uses information for the following purposes:
- improve and customise the marketing and content you see
- fulfil your requests for products and services
- notify you by email, phone or SMS in relation to your order
- improve our services
- contact you in relation to a request for your personal information
- send communications that may be of interest to you, such as product updates and special offers. These emails will only be sent if you have opted-in to receiving them by signing up to our newsletter.
- provide anonymous reporting for internal use.
We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with government legislation and regulations to protect personal information about you. We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held. We will ensure that when we outsource any processes the supplier has appropriate security measures in place.
Under no circumstances do we keep any record of your payment information (such as credit / debit card information) this information is securely deleted as soon as the purchase is complete.
Who has access to your information?
The Replace Base Ltd does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- we limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- we train our staff on their privacy obligations
- we respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
The Replace Base Ltd works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
How can I edit or delete my data?
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data you should contact our data controller: Asia G, The Replace Base Ltd, 5, Bellman Gate, Holcot Ln, Sywell, Northampton NN6 0BL, email: email@example.com or telephone 01604 924 700.
- You can edit your information by logging into your Replace Base account or contact by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address which we hold on our database.
- you can request to be removed from the The Replace Base Ltd database at any time by emailing email@example.com from the email address which we hold on our database.
- you may request a copy of your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address which we hold on our database. We will provide this free of charge, and no later than 30 days from the receipt of request.
- where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, we reserve the right to charge a fee. We may also charge a fee if you require further copies of the same information.
- we will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed.
- we will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with.
- in the event that you have not received a response within 30 days, you have the right to contact The ICO, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF, email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
You have the right to object to:
- processing based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority (including profiling);
- direct marketing (including profiling); and
- processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- contact us immediately if you want to object to the use of your personal data as outlined above.
- stop receiving marketing and sales emails from us by using the unsubscribe link contained in emails or by contacting us here. Please note that in order to stop sending you marketing and sales emails, it may be necessary to retain your email address. If you would like to completely remove your details from our database please be aware that you may receive emails in the future if you return to our site and complete one of our data capture forms. You will be able to opt-out as before.
How long do we keep your data?
We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information. We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. Alternatively, you can manage your cookie preferences here.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
The Replace Base Ltd may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your The Replace Base Ltd account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions then please, contact us.